Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clearing Misconceptions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

Clearing Misconceptions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Clearing Misconceptions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:16 am

crossover wrote:
oh ok, but korea isn't the only only potrayed with racist sterotypes though. italy,france, and russia also have racist sterotypes to them too. all i'm trying to say is that peopl mainly make a fuss about how korea was potrayed, even though other characters are really offensive too. i'm suprised that the italians and russians didn't complain about hetalia.

also could you send me a link to a video of yours. i'm new here and haven't checked out all the posts yet.

i also forgot to mention that i found seychelles's whitewashing offsenive, and when i did some reasearch on hetalia just to see why it's popular, i found out that the characters greece and egypt were white-washed too

actually the reason I talk about Korea's racist portrayal all the time is because I don't see it too much from other people. and also because people tend to be able to see the racism towards Italy, France and Russia but those same people often don't see the racism towards Korea because they don't know anything about the Orients outside of Japan. I'm sure that a lot of racism was mistaken to be "stereotypes" towards a lot of countries. however I'm positive Korea has the most racist portrayal seeing as EVERYTHING is based off of some sort of racist view. and mainly and since France, Italy, and Russia don't have the same history and relationship with Japan as Korea it's more offensive to Koreans.
Back to top Go down
crossover

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Clearing Misconceptions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:48 am

GaGaalinG wrote:
crossover wrote:
oh ok, but korea isn't the only only potrayed with racist sterotypes though. italy,france, and russia also have racist sterotypes to them too. all i'm trying to say is that peopl mainly make a fuss about how korea was potrayed, even though other characters are really offensive too. i'm suprised that the italians and russians didn't complain about hetalia.

also could you send me a link to a video of yours. i'm new here and haven't checked out all the posts yet.

i also forgot to mention that i found seychelles's whitewashing offsenive, and when i did some reasearch on hetalia just to see why it's popular, i found out that the characters greece and egypt were white-washed too

actually the reason I talk about Korea's racist portrayal all the time is because I don't see it too much from other people. and also because people tend to be able to see the racism towards Italy, France and Russia but those same people often don't see the racism towards Korea because they don't know anything about the Orients outside of Japan. I'm sure that a lot of racism was mistaken to be "stereotypes" towards a lot of countries. however I'm positive Korea has the most racist portrayal seeing as EVERYTHING is based off of some sort of racist view. and mainly and since France, Italy, and Russia don't have the same history and relationship with Japan as Korea it's more offensive to Koreans.

i see your point but at least korea is smarter and braver than italy though
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Clearing Misconceptions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 am

crossover wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
crossover wrote:

i see your point but at least korea is smarter and braver than italy though

true... but at least Italy doesn't claim everything came from him and "supposedly" distorts history, and doesn't have a inaccurate portrayal of his traditional clothes.

we shall now turn this into a comparison of positive and negative portrayals! MUAHAHAHAHA! jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Clearing Misconceptions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearing Misconceptions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hate Hetalia :: Hate Hetalia :: Hetalicrap-
Jump to: