Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dani

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Just a question   Just a question EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:43 am

First off, I want to say that, while I am a fan of Hetalia, I'm actually sane, and respect the opinions of others.

So, I wanted to ask all of you, why do you hate Hetalia so much? I mean, you guys do say that the insane fans take it too seriously. Aren't you taking it a little too seriously hating on a stupid cartoon?

I can definitely see where some of your views come from, such as the whole "making fun of WWII" thing. However, in the original (not dubbed), it barely ever mentions WWII.

Yeah... I just was wondering why you hated it so much. I won't hate on your opinions; I asked for them, after all. Smile
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:06 am

I find the show racist and overall vulgar. Using stereotypes of various countries to personify the characters / countries they are supposed to represent.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mayuri

Mayuri

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Mmm, honestly, there are far worst things than Hetalia that plays with stereotypes of people and countries. So I wouldn't consider Hetalia the worst of them all...

birdistheworld wrote:
For example, why isn't the Holocaust mentioned if it's about WWII?

erm, because well, the Holocaust is a rather touchy subject and the series is not precisely about WWII, it just takes place around that time. Or sometimes they hop all over the place in different time lines. Stuff like that happens behind the scene anyway. If they bring on the Holocaust, then I think more people would be offended I think... maybe? o.o;; But the manga would also become pretty dark and sad.

Quote :
Why is Japan portrayed as the nicest guy ever if their army not only invaded other countries such as China and Russia, but also raped, murdered and took over their government. Now that's not really nice is it?

Eh, I wouldn't say Japan is portrayed as the "nicest" guy in the series. He has his moments of deceit and manipulative. Let's not forget that he actually is shown assaulting China after China took him in. And, Japan is portrayed like how Japanese people act in general: being polite yet can be rude at the same time.

Don't hurt me ~! //flees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a question
Page 1 of 1