Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What bothers me in Hetalia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
patatefrite

What bothers me in Hetalia Empty
PostSubject: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 am

(Sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language. I can't write anything constructive in English.)

Well I heard about Hetalia like a year ago. I watched a bit of it, too. The simple way in which the author put things up really annoyed me. But then I just thought "Nah, it's just a cartoon, it's no big deal" at first. That was before I saw the character for Canada.

He is completely invisible, as all of you know, and it kind of bothered me. Maybe you would think "Oh it's like in real life, nobody gives a fuck about Canada". But to me, it means more then just that. The thing that really caugh my attention with that character ia that he's only shown as the dumbass nobody cares about. And it annoys me even more that the fanbase starts seeing the actual country like it is shown in Hetalia. I am French-Canadian, from Québec, which is only a province but has been arguing to be given independence. The thing that really made me mad is that us the French-speaking population of Canada aren't represented in there.

Québec is a Canadian province, yes, but its society is very distinct from Canada. Québec itself is older then Canada. The fact that the author didn't take that important fact in consideration made me really mad. Now what I understand from Hetalia is "What's Québec? Some shitty place in Canada. It doesn't matter. Who gives a shit?". But the province has a very interesting history that goes further then some little invisible anime person. The author didn't look deeper then the top of the iceberg - if I can express myself like that - and that is very sad.

I think they made an "original character" for every province in Canada but I don't like the way the represent the provinces as a "family".

In short: the way things are put is too simple, stereotypes are exaggerated and important minorities aren't considerated.

Call me a stupid separatist, I just wanted to make my point clear.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah Canada is of one of many characters who got the short end of the stick.

I happen to like Canada, it's very refreshing there, plus I like the French language (I hope to learn it someday).

Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 am

ajshim wrote:
Yeah Canada is of one of many characters who got the short end of the stick.

I happen to like Canada, it's very refreshing there, plus I like the French language (I hope to learn it someday).

yeah I noticed Canada is invisible... that's just idiotic. I've been to Canada too and it was really nice there. might be going to visit some Chinese friends this summer.
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 am

patatefrite wrote:
(Sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language. I can't write anything constructive in English.)

Well I heard about Hetalia like a year ago. I watched a bit of it, too. The simple way in which the author put things up really annoyed me. But then I just thought "Nah, it's just a cartoon, it's no big deal" at first. That was before I saw the character for Canada.

He is completely invisible, as all of you know, and it kind of bothered me. Maybe you would think "Oh it's like in real life, nobody gives a fuck about Canada". But to me, it means more then just that. The thing that really caugh my attention with that character ia that he's only shown as the dumbass nobody cares about. And it annoys me even more that the fanbase starts seeing the actual country like it is shown in Hetalia. I am French-Canadian, from Québec, which is only a province but has been arguing to be given independence. The thing that really made me mad is that us the French-speaking population of Canada aren't represented in there.

Québec is a Canadian province, yes, but its society is very distinct from Canada. Québec itself is older then Canada. The fact that the author didn't take that important fact in consideration made me really mad. Now what I understand from Hetalia is "What's Québec? Some shitty place in Canada. It doesn't matter. Who gives a shit?". But the province has a very interesting history that goes further then some little invisible anime person. The author didn't look deeper then the top of the iceberg - if I can express myself like that - and that is very sad.

I think they made an "original character" for every province in Canada but I don't like the way the represent the provinces as a "family".

In short: the way things are put is too simple, stereotypes are exaggerated and important minorities aren't considerated.

There is in fact a moment were Canada dreams of his French and English populations arguing. The footnote explains all about Quebec wanting independence.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 am

patatefrite wrote:

Well, Quebec does have a representation. A chibi, one-panel representation, but a representation nevertheless. And it resulted from his English and French populations arguing.

Also, the provinces of Canada are probably just the OCs from the "I Am Matthewian" project. They like to think themselves separate from Hetalia, though, even if some of their characters are canon Hetalia characters... they're a confusing bunch, actually. But their voice acting is cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What bothers me in Hetalia   What bothers me in Hetalia Empty

Back to top Go down

What bothers me in Hetalia
Page 1 of 1