Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you really think of Hetalia?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

What do you really think of Hetalia? Empty
PostSubject: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Alright, I know the general thought of line here- we all hate some aspect of Hetalia, whether it's the anime, the racism, or the fanbase. But what I want to know is what you really think of the series.

What aspects of Hetalia piss you off? Which do you dislike? Which are you neutral about? And to balance some positive into the negative, what do you, if ever, like about Hetalia?

Feel free to openly discuss this. It's not like there are many people coming here anyway.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 am

What pisses me off about it:
1. Its racist. By using stereotypes of various people around the world. Stereotypes are hurtful and insulting to many people. Hence why there are people who are offended by it. Some may consider it funny, but of course those who are targeted by the stereotypes are insulted.

2. How the creator favors Japan over the rest of the countries. I know its obvious why the author did it, but still, having Japan being number 1 and the rest of the countries seem almost inferior or just doesn't match up to the character "Japan" can be quite annoying. National pride can be a good thing, but it can also be quite annoying.

3. How now some people believe the countries in Hetalia are like the same in reality. Such as Canadians "just being there" that they have no impact or anything important to offer to the world Koreans are culture thieves that have no real culture at all and how America is white, blonde hair and blue eyes, um America was originally the land of the Native Americans.

4. The obsessive fans. There are fans who understand why some people don't like Hetalia and I can tolerate them. However there are fans who believe that Hetalia is the greatest creation of all time and if one person says something is wrong with it, they throw a fit. Shoving reasons why that person is wrong in every way and forces us to like Hetalia, enough though we valid reasons as to why we don't like it,

5. The time period of which it pokes fun at. The time period being WWII, one of the world's, not just one country, but the entire world. A time where the world was in a dark time. There wasn't anything funny about WWII, there isn't anything funny about war.

6. Koreans ban the anime / manga in their own country and request only one character be taken out and people say that Koreans are complete morons, who can't take a "joke" and that they are now people hate us Koreans even more. And to add insult to injury people side with Japan no questions asked and go against Korea and its people. Sorry, but we don't think the suffering and the near genocide of our people and culture caused by the Japanese happens to be funny.

7. That something was actually able to be published, There have been other material that wasn't insulting or racist that have been banned, yet Hetalia makes to be published.

There are other reason why this anime / manga ticks me off, but I think these are the top reasons why it pisses me off. If I try to list every reason we'd be here for a while.

What I am neutral about:
1. How many books there are.

Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:20 am

ajshim wrote:
What pisses me off about it:
1. Its racist. By using stereotypes of various people around the world. Stereotypes are hurtful and insulting to many people. Hence why there are people who are offended by it. Some may consider it funny, but of course those who are targeted by the stereotypes are insulted.

2. How the creator favors Japan over the rest of the countries. I know its obvious why the author did it, but still, having Japan being number 1 and the rest of the countries seem almost inferior or just doesn't match up to the character "Japan" can be quite annoying. National pride can be a good thing, but it can also be quite annoying.

3. How now some people believe the countries in Hetalia are like the same in reality. Such as Canadians "just being there" that they have no impact or anything important to offer to the world Koreans are culture thieves that have no real culture at all and how America is white, blonde hair and blue eyes, um America was originally the land of the Native Americans.

4. The obsessive fans. There are fans who understand why some people don't like Hetalia and I can tolerate them. However there are fans who believe that Hetalia is the greatest creation of all time and if one person says something is wrong with it, they throw a fit. Shoving reasons why that person is wrong in every way and forces us to like Hetalia, enough though we valid reasons as to why we don't like it,

5. The time period of which it pokes fun at. The time period being WWII, one of the world's, not just one country, but the entire world. A time where the world was in a dark time. There wasn't anything funny about WWII, there isn't anything funny about war.

6. Koreans ban the anime / manga in their own country and request only one character be taken out and people say that Koreans are complete morons, who can't take a "joke" and that they are now people hate us Koreans even more. And to add insult to injury people side with Japan no questions asked and go against Korea and its people. Sorry, but we don't think the suffering and the near genocide of our people and culture caused by the Japanese happens to be funny.

7. That something was actually able to be published, There have been other material that wasn't insulting or racist that have been banned, yet Hetalia makes to be published.

There are other reason why this anime / manga ticks me off, but I think these are the top reasons why it pisses me off. If I try to list every reason we'd be here for a while.

What I am neutral about:
1. How many books there are.

I feel the same way about everything you said. actually in Hetalia it says that Western countries discovered America. but in real life Native American's were here first. and Native Americans come from Oriental Asia like Korea, Japan, China, and Mongolia. so in actuality it should have been the Asian countries who discovered America. and I've been doing research and I found out that Korea is older than Japan in real life. but in hetalia it says Japan is older. I've also been seeing on youtube videos fanvids of hetalia of character treating Korea terribly, the fans laugh and say it's cute and say that's how they treat their Korean friends in real life because of the show, I'm thinking they treat random Koreans that way and say that they're their friends. cuz those people are in no way good friends. the fans have this idea that "everyone is a little racist no matter who you are." which is bull honkey. that's a massive generalization of every single person in the world that they never knew, don't know now, and never will know. and to make such an assumption is absolutely foolish. it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 am

It's sad really, first I get racist comments and slander because of the VTech shooting, which I might add that I knew two of the victims and now cause of Hetalia I have more people treating me like crap. Grand is it not? (sarcastic)
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:26 am

ajshim wrote:
It's sad really, first I get racist comments and slander because of the VTech shooting, which I might add that I knew two of the victims and now cause of Hetalia I have more people treating me like crap. Grand is it not? (sarcastic)

you know what's even more sad? the Vtech shooting was done by a Korean "AMERICAN" not Korean Korean, but Korea apologized for this "AMERICAN'S" act even though he wasn't born in Korea. and people are hating on Koreans for something an American did. it's like if Africa apologized everytime an African American, committed a crime, it's like if Japan apologized everytime a Japanese American committed a crime. it's like if Europe apologized everytime a Caucasion American committed a crime, but no, Korea is the only ones to ever do this. and people are bashing Korea cause they're morons who understand nothing.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:45 am

GaGaalinG wrote:

I feel the same way about everything you said. actually in Hetalia it says that Western countries discovered America. but in real life Native American's were here first. and Native Americans come from Oriental Asia like Korea, Japan, China, and Mongolia. so in actuality it should have been the Asian countries who discovered America. and I've been doing research and I found out that Korea is older than Japan in real life. but in hetalia it says Japan is older. I've also been seeing on youtube videos fanvids of hetalia of character treating Korea terribly, the fans laugh and say it's cute and say that's how they treat their Korean friends in real life because of the show, I'm thinking they treat random Koreans that way and say that they're their friends. cuz those people are in no way good friends. the fans have this idea that "everyone is a little racist no matter who you are." which is bull honkey. that's a massive generalization of every single person in the world that they never knew, don't know now, and never will know. and to make such an assumption is absolutely foolish. it's ridiculous.

Actually, there is a separate Native America, appearing in a chibi-sketch while he attacking England. So Alfred represents the original thirteen colonies, much like how Canada represented Quebec. As for Yong Soo, no one is sure just how much of Korea he represents- if he goes as far back as to the Three Kingdoms of Korea, or if he represents modern-day South Korea.

If they really treat their Korean fans like that, then my faith in Korea fangirls is going to dwindle. (Excuse me while I post this on Hetalia Wank.)

I'm not sure how to react to the racist part. I know not everyone is racist, and many people try not to be, but I won't deny that someone, anyone, might have at least done something racist without meaning to. Make an innocent assumption on a person based on his nationality, crack a little joke about your British friend not being able to cook, or say something unintentionally hurtful without thinking. It happens to the best of us. Great if it hasn't happened to you yet.

(What is this VTech shooting?)

EDIT: Never mind about posting on Hetalia wank. It would be rather useless to complain about how fans treat Koreans without having any actual proof of having them say that in the first place. >.>
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:42 am

TheOutsider wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

Actually, there is a separate Native America, appearing in a chibi-sketch while he attacking England. So Alfred represents the original thirteen colonies, much like how Canada represented Quebec. As for Yong Soo, no one is sure just how much of Korea he represents- if he goes as far back as to the Three Kingdoms of Korea, or if he represents modern-day South Korea.

If they really treat their Korean fans like that, then my faith in Korea fangirls is going to dwindle. (Excuse me while I post this on Hetalia Wank.)

I'm not sure how to react to the racist part. I know not everyone is racist, and many people try not to be, but I won't deny that someone, anyone, might have at least done something racist without meaning to. Make an innocent assumption on a person based on his nationality, crack a little joke about your British friend not being able to cook, or say something unintentionally hurtful without thinking. It happens to the best of us. Great if it hasn't happened to you yet.

(What is this VTech shooting?)

EDIT: Never mind about posting on Hetalia wank. It would be rather useless to complain about how fans treat Koreans without having any actual proof of having them say that in the first place. >.>

well that's the thing. there's really no seperate America from Native America but the race. if America as we see the blonde hair blue eyed one were America he is nothing but another representation of the European countries. I mean, statistically Americans in minority are blond hair blue eyed. why is America portrayed with a race if it's not Native America? are there not blacks, Hispanics and Asians and everyone in America? and as for Korea. I've seen stories in Hetalia that play to both Choson Dynasty, (Korea 500 years ago before Japanese annexation) and modern day Korea, the author likes to switch back and forth.

I saw a video called "Korea accuses China." it was basically a dub over of two comedians talking and it had China's and Korea's pictures on the vids. and the fans were talking about how Koreans are always accusing people or pointing fingers... cuz it was in Hetalia so it must be true apparently. but that's just Japanese propaganda, to convince people that Korean's point fingers while they're supposedly "the one's to blame." so no one will believe what Japan did to Korea during WW2, so everyone else will erase Japan's errors and call Korea liars. you know how the Choson Dynasty fell? when Japan annexed Korea the Samurai killed thousands of Koreans invaded the castle, they ran her through with their Katana many samurai raped her while she was bleeding to death, then took her out in public in front of the Koreans cut of her breasts then burned her body. and no one knows about this and Japan wants to keep it that way by claiming that was just a story from a work of fiction. which is bull honkey cuz Korean's have proof and documentation that it happened. but Hetalia also teaches Korea's documentation is a hoax. remember everytime Korea approaches Japan with a document that proves Japan was "bullying" Korea? and then Japan takes the document and supposedly "corrects" it so that "Korea was bullying Japan" well that's what this comes from. Hetalia not only amounts the genocide of Choson and it's queen to "brotherly love, and bullying" but also claim it never happened.

me and most of my friends don't say racist things. the most that I say is "the black man always dies, when zombies in Left4dead 2 are out to get me, or I get aggroed by 500+ monsters in Mabinogi. but it's nothing to do with my race (half) it has to do with the way horror movies are. I've never been racist because ever since I was a baby I've been growing up all around the world, even today I go to places I've never been and meet new people. and most of the places I go to are dominated by Asians. but I've been to Europe, England, Canada etc. as well. and I can't see or understand why people see other people as different. I don't see it. and if you've seen what I've seen and met the people I've met you'd understand why I honestly don't understand the jokes in Hetalia. I don't get the stereotypes, I've been to the places in Hetalia and met those people, I have no idea where the personification comes from where ways they were represented comes from. people keep saying "Oh my gosh that is so true about that country though it's exaggerated." have those people even been to the places they're talking about? or did they here it was absolutely true from a tv show or the media, which tends to portray people inaccurately and connect Hetalia to those other tv shows or forms of media? I don't get it, those portayels are of countries of which people I love are from, and none of those people fit those portrayals. it hurts me to see people acting out those stereotypes in cosplay to see that, or people reinforcing these ideas of other races and countries through fanworks. and I'd like to believe I'm not the only one out there who hasn't accidentally said or done anything racist.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

But (Unless my history book is completely wrong) the Native Americans did have their own civilizations in the past. So Native America probably represents just that, much like how Germania in Hetalia represents the Germanic tribes that contributed to the end of the Roman Empire.

It's common to portray Americans with blonde hair and blue eyes. Anime does it a lot, which explains a lot too (Because this is a manga and anime). Even Americans used to (And probably still do) portray themselves like that (Columbia, anyone?). It can even be argued that America and Canada got their appearance from the Norse settlers that came before Spain, France, and England.

All Korea strips (that I've managed to find) portray Korea in the modern day only, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I saw the video, and I read the comments. Only one person complained about Korea being a nitpick, and he was even called out for doing so. The rest were all making jokes about the video or wishing that Yong Soo was in the anime. So... I don't know, unless I stumbled over the wrong video. O.o

This doesn't disprove that Hetalia portrays Korean documents about Japan to be wrong, but that only happened once. The situation was different too- Korea found a drawing that's supposed to be "proof" that Japan used to bully him, but upon closer inspection, it was actually just a picture of Japan playing with Korea. That doesn't make it any less wrong, though.

On the subject of stereotypes (once again), it ultimately depends on how easily you get offended. Though you might think these things are hurtful, there are those who don't and even joke about it (I know a British girl that jokes about how she can't cook at all). It should be common knowledge that stereotypes does not equal reality, and anyone who believes otherwise should really see a doctor or something.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:03 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
But (Unless my history book is completely wrong) the Native Americans did have their own civilizations in the past. So Native America probably represents just that, much like how Germania in Hetalia represents the Germanic tribes that contributed to the end of the Roman Empire.

It's common to portray Americans with blonde hair and blue eyes. Anime does it a lot, which explains a lot too (Because this is a manga and anime). Even Americans used to (And probably still do) portray themselves like that (Columbia, anyone?). It can even be argued that America and Canada got their appearance from the Norse settlers that came before Spain, France, and England.

All Korea strips (that I've managed to find) portray Korea in the modern day only, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I saw the video, and I read the comments. Only one person complained about Korea being a nitpick, and he was even called out for doing so. The rest were all making jokes about the video or wishing that Yong Soo was in the anime. So... I don't know, unless I stumbled over the wrong video. O.o

This doesn't disprove that Hetalia portrays Korean documents about Japan to be wrong, but that only happened once. The situation was different too- Korea found a drawing that's supposed to be "proof" that Japan used to bully him, but upon closer inspection, it was actually just a picture of Japan playing with Korea. That doesn't make it any less wrong, though.

On the subject of stereotypes (once again), it ultimately depends on how easily you get offended. Though you might think these things are hurtful, there are those who don't and even joke about it (I know a British girl that jokes about how she can't cook at all). It should be common knowledge that stereotypes does not equal reality, and anyone who believes otherwise should really see a doctor or something.

the problem here is that countries are portrayed with race, Native American's as race are the true American's, and if not that would be closer related to Asia.

in Manga and Anime there are plenty of blacks from American as well, also, they're not personifying the whole nation, so it isn't a valid argument, since when portraying "one" American, they could happen to have blonde hair and blue eyes. while Hetalia's American portrays the whole nation. and also how in Manga and anime, foreigners are never given black hair or black eyes. but Japanese characters can have whatever eyes or hair they want, there's actually something on TV tropes about this.

the video itself was the mockery, not the comments. why must people continue to portray Korea in the way that it had offended them in the first place? I don't remember if I did call anyone out on that vid... but it was probably me *^_^ heh heh. anyway I just don't go on videos trolling people just callin them out if they say bad stuff about Korea. anyway I the other one was about China, Korea and Japan racing through an alley and China pushed Korea over, there were comments saying they would totally do that to their Korean friend and etc, or they're going to someday etc.

you said you hadn't seen any parts from Hetalia with Ancient Korea but that was one of them that you just brought up. claiming Korea stole from Japan along time ago, when Korea says that Japan stole from them, and the anti Korean Japanese that I've talked to claim that Korean documents are false and "misinterpreted." and thus what Korea says about Japan attacking and abusing them over their history isn't true... also that this episode was a product of "bait and switch" where the audience thinks something will happen but at the last second they make a turnaround." in this case, Koreans thought that finally Hetalia would acknowledge that Japan did something bad to Korea, but at the last second it's like "Nope, haha, that never happened, in fact, it was the other way around, poo on you." and that was simply mockery towards Koreans. if it hadn't been about a matter so controversial, then it wouldn't have been so bad.

I don't think it's a matter of how offensively you take it, I think if people understood better what Korea went through we'd all be on their side. think about it. when you think of Nazi's and Japanese government, which do you think is worse? of course Nazi's because we're taught about all the terrible things the Nazi's did because we didn't really enter the war in Asia until close to the end. and still we only really learn about Pearl Harbor rather than the genocide and rape, and slavery in China and Korea. but in Asia they don't recognize the Nazi's as bad as Japan was because they were not involved in the war against Hitler. but the Nazi's and Japanese government had similar goals, they both believed that they were superior to others so they committed these acts against other countries and races because they were superior and could treat others like cattle. heck, Hetalia portrays Japan as loyal. but during WW2 Japan betrayed Korea, America, and Italy. but Japan is still the most level headed, most kind, loyal country in the series.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 am

They don't portray entire races- otherwise characters like Taiwan, New Zealand and Australia would be rather difficult to portray.

Yes they do, but the stereotypical white American in anime (And sometimes in other foreign works) is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed guy. Don't forget that Alfred was created by a Japanese mangaka, and Hetalia was supposed to be directed mainly to the Japanese audience (The international audience was a complete accident). He's playing with the stereotype. And it would be much more difficult on his part to portray all the different races in just one single character (How do you even do that, even?). The guy's only human.

(Or perhaps we're thinking to hard on America and what he represents. *.* I need a better Hetalia fan to explain it for me.)

Well the video, I can understand. But perhaps that person didn't know the video he made was offensive, and thought it was rather funny. He just didn't know it would offend anyone.

So... your youtube account name is aristokraticassassin?

But isn't it modern-day Korea showing Japan a document that dates back to the ancient period? Or perhaps I read it wrong.

Well given that you're talking to a Filipino who's history lessons in grade school were all about Philippine history, and that the Japanese Occupation in the Philippines was discussed to us several times already (They threw our babies in the air and stabbed them with their swords), I don't think I can decide on whether the Japanese government in WWII or Nazi government is worse.

Hetalia's Japan isn't loyal. Otherwise, the strip with him slashing China at the back (Believed to be a reference to the first Sino-Japanese War) never happened. Japan isn't sane either- he's just as weird as they rest of them (Given he tried to convert England into 2D porn, makes miniature models of boats that turn into big robots, and wears cat ears whenever Greece is around). His entire boring personality is even the stereotype. Frankly, I thought Estonia was the only sane one, until a recent strip proved me wrong.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Japanese soldiers did horrible things to the people of Korea, Singapore, China, Philippines and Taiwan. The character "Korea" being shown as the modern Korea and acts the way he does, just pretty much says that Koreans are still the same way we were in the past, weak, stupid, and willing to do anything to prove Japan wrong and that we're completely right.

First of all there are Koreans who love Japanese things such as food, comics, music, celebrities, video games and of course anime. Not all Koreans hate Japan, like me. I'm Korean and I love Japanese things, I have Japanese friends. I'll admit Korea has few things that we aren't proud of, but in today's times we don't act or do anything that the character "Korea" does. It's practically an insult.

Am I easily offended? Maybe or maybe not, but I won't just sit around and twiddle my thumbs as some racist insults and vandalizes my heritage just so that they think it's funny. We Koreans have gone through much hardships in the past, we still do. We're stilling fighting The Korean War with the North. The war may have ended for the rest of the world, but not to us. The last thing we need is another slap on the face for doing what we think is right!

There are many things that bring my blood to a festering boil. One of them being a racist who thinks it's funny to make a "joke" about someone or a group of people about how "pathetic, weak and stupid" they are, just because he / she thinks so! We Korean have gotten way too much crap from the rest of the world, we don't need another!
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 pm

And there's more to Korea than that. But Himaruya hasn't shown it... and probably won't for a very long time.

You know, I suddenly wish the creator of Hetalia would bring out a new strip about Korea- I want to see how he'd treat the character now, giving so much time has passed and he's probably learned something by now. I'm just curious.

Those kinds of stereotype jokes pretty much cross the line. :/
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Hetalia could have been done in a"better" way, than we wouldn't have people arguing about how the creator seems to mock the countries around the globe. If it was more like a show that focused upon teaching history in a fun way, while having characters represent the countries in a much nicer way. Hetalia may have more fans and less people hating on it. I would love it if it was like that.

Kinda makes me think of the old cartoon show Time Squad.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

ajshim wrote:
Hetalia could have been done in a"better" way, than we wouldn't have people arguing about how the creator seems to mock the countries around the globe. If it was more like a show that focused upon teaching history in a fun way, while having characters represent the countries in a much nicer way. Hetalia may have more fans and less people hating on it. I would love it if it was like that.

Kinda makes me think of the old cartoon show Time Squad.

Well, at least Himaruya has calmed down on the mockery part of Hetalia, in recent comics anyway. I wonder if he's learned his lesson by now. It just seems that way to me.

But that's why we have the fandom, right? Not the crazy part of the fandom that drove me here, the part of the fandom that's smart, sane, and fun.

(I actually have my own version of Hetalia plotted and planned out. It's basically WWII taken more seriously. I need help with Korea though, so if you're willing to give me ideas on how I can make Yong Soo presentable without alienating him from the fans, go ahead.)

I remember Time Squad. That was part of my childhood... and I learned something, too. Little bits of information here and there. Sort of like Hetalia. And SatW.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:19 am

That's a very difficult thing to do. Since Korea had nothing, but from going into one disaster into another. People slaughtered if they did anything that had to do with Korea. You couldn't speak the lanague, you had to have a Japanese name, you had to fight for the Japanese army, you had to serve, you couldn't say anything against Japan. If they didn't follow those rules they were killed. I've been shown pictures that Japanese threw Korean babies in the air and stabbed them with their blades as a joke, Korea really suffered during WWII, that's why so many people are angry about it. Some of the survivors are still around.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 am

ajshim wrote:
That's a very difficult thing to do. Since Korea had nothing, but from going into one disaster into another. People slaughtered if they did anything that had to do with Korea. You couldn't speak the lanague, you had to have a Japanese name, you had to fight for the Japanese army, you had to serve, you couldn't say anything against Japan. If they didn't follow those rules they were killed. I've been shown pictures that Japanese threw Korean babies in the air and stabbed them with their blades as a joke, Korea really suffered during WWII, that's why so many people are angry about it. Some of the survivors are still around.

But it's still possible to do. I don't plan to avoid the worst of WWII, anyway, so...

(... why did the Japanese like throwing babies in the air?! Did they do that to every country they occupied in WWII?!)
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 am

All I know is that they did that to Koreans and Chinese. Reason why is cause they thought it was funny and was for fun.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 am

ajshim wrote:
All I know is that they did that to Koreans and Chinese. Reason why is cause they thought it was funny and was for fun.

That happened to us Filipinos too, I can assure you. WWII was a horrible time for us. In fact, I'm glad my country wasn't represented in the early days of Hetalia... Himaruya wasn't careful enough then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you really think of Hetalia?   What do you really think of Hetalia? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you really think of Hetalia?
Page 1 of 1